Monday, September 7, 2015

Biggest Weekend in Montana!

Last year I didn't quite know what to expect when everyone kept talking about the big rodeo and fair. This year I was fully prepared, but sadly less involved. If you recall last year I entered multiple photos, cupcakes, breads, and pies. I received so many ribbons! This year with our pending move and other energy drainers I was a little less excited to make a mess of my kitchen, but I was still very much excited for the animals, rides and food.
Gammie and Potts came up again and we had a whirlwind day. Mom even wore her cowboy boots she bought last year to fit in a little better. :)
The rides were astronomically expensive so we were trying to avoid them. One sweet ride operator heard us telling AJ that we would have to skip out this year, felt bad and offered our boys a free ride.  Silly kid got what he wanted afterall!
Because Gammie and Potts only ever stay for a day we enjoyed some fun outdoor time with them back at the house reenacting the things the boys saw at the rodeo...in slow motion of course.

On Labor Day we enjoyed a perfect view of the parade outside Joe's office. There were donuts and fresh peaches of us to enjoy (compliments of the local businesses that Max rented his building to).

No comments:

Post a Comment