Sunday, May 25, 2014

Montana...Off to Find Our First House

After graduation Jean and Keith were very sweet to take the boys back to the farm and entertain them for a few days while we flew out to Montana to begin the search for our very own house. 
It was a long trip, with a bunch of hic ups, so I was very glad that we didn't have the boys with us. Once we got there everything seemed to run very smoothly. Joe was so excited to be recognizing things and wanted to show me everything. The first thing we did when we got to Montana was take a picture to send to his family of the geese in the Bozeman airport. I guess they are pretty iconic.
 After looking at 12 different houses in 2 days we started to make our offer on the one that we felt was the best fit for us. Roomy, updated, and in town. After a bunch of going back and forth at the last moment before we had to head back to NY we finally settled on a price and the home was ours!!! Can you believe it? We are now home owners for the very first time. I guess it really is time to grow up. :)
 On our way back we hopped between a bunch of tiny little flights. It was really loud and really boring because you weren't allowed to use any electronics at all. I don't think I have ever read Air magazine so thoroughly. However, oddly enough one of our flights was a private flight just for us. :) We got up close and personal with our pilot. Quite the memorable trip for us!

1 comment: