Friday, August 9, 2013

Boise Tid-Bits

Since we did so many things in such a short amount of time this year I ha decided to do this summer as a highlight post. Everything worth noting from this summer will be in this post. Yes, that means loads and loads of pictures! I have tried to combine our pictures so you don't have to scroll as much.
Snake River Stampede Rodeo: We had a blast. AJ loved every little minute of it...that is until he got too sleepy and we had to leave. I hope we can go again when he can enjoy a little more. His favorite part was the kids riding the sheep. 
River Play: Living so close to the river means we get to play in the water a lot. We would take daily walks to the park and stop to toss in rocks, or get our feet wet as we passed the river. 
Brotherly Lovin: AJ just adores his little brother. He begs to hold him every day! The biggest problem we have is we worry about him smothering the poor little guy. I love seeing them build a relationship.
Circus Parade: The circus was in town and so instead of buying tickets we went to the circus parade...Major let down! There wasn't anything circusy about it. Joe and I were super disappointed but AJ didn't seem to mind. He loved every minute of it. His favorite was the band in the hay truck and the little cars.
AJ has now become a true little Boy. He had his first full McDonald's experience. Happy Meal with a play place. Life couldn't get any better for this kid!
Walks: Because of my rough recovery I couldn't do much exercising, but I did manage to take a walk, everyday. Sometimes to the river, or a park, or the store, or a water fountain. We came to love our new stroller. 
Mumfords: Our dear friends from DC were in town looking for housing for next summer and so we got together for some dinner. Thank you for a wonderful treat!
 
Blocks: My grandma is moving soon and is starting to empty things out. We lucked out and got the old set of blocks for the boys. 80 year old blocks and a 2 year old boy. Couldn't get better than this.
Fandamonium: Boise Comic Con. We went with my cousins and BYUI friends. I went to the convention portion for Joe and he came to the Mafia Ball for me. Both were surprisingly fun. At the ball they had card tables out and each person got candy as they entered to bet with. I am happy to say I won the whole table at Texas Hold 'em. Good thing I don't really gamble, or else I might get carried away. 
River Run: Gammie and Potts came to town just to float the river with us. It was quite the adventire. We used their 20 year old raft, which quickly turned into a bad idea. After the first drop off we got a giant hole in the bottom of the raft. Soon we were all sitting in 3 feet of water. We ended up soaked and the raft ended up in the trash. It was really fun anyway.
Boise Zoo: We got t go to the zoo a few times this year. AJ loves all the animals, and I love watching his reactions. It was fun to go with Savanna and then again with my old mission companion and her family.
At one point this summer I really started to miss my one on one time with Aj. I know most of my time has to be spent with Andy as a new born, but I adore Aj and missed him. So, one Saturday evening I was able to feed the baby and leave him behind with joe while I took aj to one of my favorite places. The Boise Discovery Center. 
After which I treated him to ice cream... Before dinner!!!!
Joe and I got to go on a few dates as well. We got to go see a movie, go to the temple, and to an indoor ropes course. Super intense, but really fun. 
We also really enjoyed our time with our friends and family. Thank you to everyone who made the summer great. 
To the Hilliars!
And the Davis Family!
And to the Machaceks who babysat more than their fair share! We love you all and will miss you.
Boise has been wonderful once again. I pray we can end up here for the rest of our lives! Yes, we love it that much. Until next year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment