Monday, July 30, 2012

Anniversary and Olympics...no better combination


This is Rachel Barney. She was a missionary in Virginia. She served in our area all 9 months that we were in Virginia. We came to love her so much. She moved home to Arizona about the same time we moved to Idaho and she wanted to come visit. She offered to come babysit for our anniversary date. What a great idea.
 I picked her up from the airport and we had lunch at one of my favorite childhood restaurants. We had so much fun catching up and chatting about Virginia. She is such a sweetie! We just kept on talking and talking like we were best forever best friends. We came home and watched the opening ceremonies for the Olympics. I love the feeling the Olympics bring. No matter what is going on in the world it all comes together in unity.
AJ missed Rachel so much. He stuck by her side all day. I think she got more snuggles in one weekend then I have gotten all year.  
Yeah!!! Go USA!!!!
Rachel stayed behind to babysit all day while Joe and I went on an all day date! Joe and I took off that morning for our first double rider motorcycle drive. It was exhilarating! I want to drive a motorcycle everyday of my life!
 We rode downtown, through the farmer's market and to a highly recommended french restaurant.
Le Cafe De Paris
 The food was delicious, the atmosphere was fun and romantic, and we really enjoyed our time out together.
I ordered ham and havarti with tomato basil soup  
Joe ordered French Toast. It was amazing! I love ethnic food. 
While we were out Rachel had a blast with AJ they went on a long walk and played like crazy.
 Joe and I went out and floated the river...on inner-tubes. It was probably not the best idea. Our arms got tired of paddling, and we had our fair share of trees to the face, but overall we had a wonderful time.

We took Rachel out to dinner to thank her for coming. It was so fun to see her again. I hope she will come out to Virginia and see us soon.
Thank you Rachel. We love you love crazy. We can't wait to see you again. You made our second anniversary so memorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment