Joe got a small pro-bono project in Jamestown, NY the week after Christmas. We wanted something to put on his resume and he was excited to dip his feet in the work of a lawyer. We drove up the day after Christmas and arrived that evening in time for dinner and some Christmas fun.
 |
| Grandma and Grandpa had all the presents under the Christmas tree. It looked beautiful. |
 |
| We all got Nerf Guns! (well everyone but AJ) Keith the Dad knew how it should work. Rebecca and I got the big guns with the ammunition clips and the boys got the small revolvers. Nerf War!!! |
 |
| AJ enjoyed unwrapping more gifts, but was going too slow. I helped him a little so we could get him to bed. |
 |
| He loved this light up stacking tower from Grandma and Grandpa. Thank you! |
 |
| Everyone enjoyed opening all their gifts! |
 |
| Rebecca getting super excited over her Nerf gun. Bring it on boys! |
Early the next morning joe headed off to his first day of work. He looked so handsome in his new professional clothing!
 |
| He looks happy doesn't he? |
Before he left we worked on getting breakfast done for him. I used my new Aebelskiver pan from Keith and Rebecca to make delicious filled pancakes. For my first round we tried jam and Nutella. It was amazing!
 |
| For those of you who have never had Aebelskivers you really should try them. They are like doughnut pancakes. AMAZING!!!! |
The next morning was even more of an adventure. Keith Jr. got some pancake molds that were really fun.
 |
| Nothing better than this for these boys. |
 |
| They turned out really good. AJ ate the storm trooper and I had Darth and Yoda. |
The rest of the week was quiet and relaxing. I loved it. It was a nice change of pace after all the Christmas excitement and activities. Jean even got out her old childhood chair for AJ to play in.
 |
| He spent a lot of the rest of the week just rocking away in this little thing. I wish we had one of our own. It could be his very own reading chair! |
 |
| It wasn't always formal. Sometimes he would just chill-ax. |
The best part for AJ was the super deep sink he got to have his bath in. He splashed away (making a complete mess of the counters) and giggled the whole way through each of his baths.
He was lucky to get his bath when he did because that night a pipe busted and we were without water for the next day. I never realized how much I appreciate my running water. Luckily the one armed (he injured himself the day before) plumber was available to get it fixed in a jiffy!
A few days before we were suppose to leave there was a weather advisory for the area. It was suppose to snow a lot over the next three days. We thought hard about it, weighed our options and decided it would be best to leave before the storm hit. So I packed up in a jiffy. While packing up the bathroom I had AJ on the floor in the hall. He learned a new trick! The bum scoot.
It was a great week spend in NY! We loved it. So nice to just relax and enjoy family!
No comments:
Post a Comment