Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Jazz House Big Band

The way things work out.... I am blown away by the events that had to take place to make this all work out.
Move to Idaho Falls. Rent a very strange house. Live across the street from a very special family. Youngest son (Benjamin) has leukemia. Ben had a fever scare. LaTisha had to take Ben to Utah. I asked if I could help with the other kids while she was gone. She asked me to help by taking her girls to their audition for Little Mermaid. While signing them in I ran into a girl from college (Keishiana). Made small talk with Kesha. She mentioned she sang with a big band in town. She was getting ready for an invasive surgery and needed to drop the job. she contacted the director of the big band. He called me. I went to sing a song or two. He smiled and welcomed me into the family. Soon after that I found out that he was best friends with my Papa (del slaughter)and his brother (Jay slaughter) who played with him in a big band back in the 40s. Crazy way things connect!!!
News clipping from the band in the 1940's that Doug had hanging in his office.
My first rehearsal
I am so so so excited to get going! this will be amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment