Friday, January 8, 2016

Farewell to the Fairbank Farm

So, after 3 wonderful weeks of being in New York with family it was time to head home. We had a few things to cram in before we left.
We went out on a little ice skating adventure with everyone. Let me assure you that ice skating while pregnant is a little difficult. I think my center of balance was a bit off. :) Andy loved it and Aj tolerated it long enough to get a few videos and pictures.
 we of course spent our fair share of time in the hay loft. The boys love climbing around. At one point we did make a little extra work for Grandpa since we lost Aj's monster truck down the back of the stacks. He was sweet enough to get it out with the tractor.
 Andy is always our fearless adventurer. He didn't even hesitate a second the first time Daddy told him to jump off into his arms from the top of the stack...
I helped Jean take care of the neighbors animals while they were away on a trip. I fell in love with this tiny scottish cow.
 On New Years Eve we actually let the boys stay up late with us to make s'mores over the fire. They thought it was the coolest things ever! Aj may have had a few too many, but after a couple of hours he finally crashed.
 I spent a lot of my evenings after Christmas working on these little beauties. They were a family gift what was meant for the boys that I had to make. It came as a whole kit. Since getting home I have finished Leia and Luke Skywalker. I would have to say the ewok is by far my favorite.
 Andy got into his fair share of trouble while at the farm (just like he does at home. He stole food, snuck toys, tore books, almost choked his cousin (sorry Rachel!) and hid in every nook and crany. When will this little monster slow down?!?! Too bad he is so darn cute.
 The snow presented never ending fun for the boys. Snow angels, snowmen, sledding, stomping and endless outfit changes from going in and out. Thanks to grandma they had all the warm gear they needed!
 One last trip on the tractor and we were out of there. One long flight home.
 I had a blast (despite the frequent headaches, endless exhaustion, emotional overloads, and moring sickness.) 26 weeks down and 13 to go! Can't wait to meet this little princess and take her to NY for her first farm adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment