Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Honey, the Hummingbird

We came home from grocery shopping one day and I noticed some movement on the porch in the corner. I went to see what was up, and found this tiny little hummingbird. He was injured. I picked him up very carefully to see if he was just stuck or something. It looked pretty injured, but I put him in a padded show box and finger fed him some sugar water. Andy saw me doing this and said that the bird was now part of our family and his name was Honey. I tried to tell him what was happening and warned him that he might die. He said it was ok because someone found him and loved him. Little kids have such warm hearts!
He didn't live long, but at least he died warm and fed. Rest in Peace Honey!

No comments:

Post a Comment