Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Young Women's Adventures

Being in Young Women's has been amazing and Joe has been so supportive of all the time I am not at home. I have grown to love these girls so much. I can say that this calling has been a blessing for me. I have learned so much from these sweet girls and know that they have strengthened my testimony.
It isn't all about sunday lessons and spiritual moments though. We have had more than our fair share of fun since I have been president.
80's Zumba
Kylie, my good friend teaches zumba at the college during the week so we decided to spice it up and bit and invite her to do our very own 80's themed zumba night. Epic does not even begin to describe it!
Travel buddies
So in a few cases Joe has not been able to go to Utah with me when needed, so instead I call up a girl and take her with me as copilot in the car! It has been so amazing to not have to take these trips alone.
On top of them taking trips to help me I have also gotten to have a few road trips with them to take them to activities or for impromptu trips to cafe rio!
Built in Babysitters
One of the nicest things about having our activities at home now and again is that the boys are more than comfortable around all the girls. They absolutely love them. (they even have each picked a girlfriend...or two)
Stake Dances
Dance party to the max. I was asked to chaperone one of the stake dances, but I may have gotten in a little over my head. I danced the night away, almost lost a shoe and jimmy rigged a broken dress for one of my girls so she could keep dancing! A memory to keep forever!
Don't worry, not all stake dances are formal...just this one! Rock on Mormon Prom!
Favorite picture of all time! Love you Maddie!
Birthday Parties
We have had a few girls graduate into Laurels since I have been in and so we decided to turn it into a fun big party each time. I mean "sweet 16" only happens once. A kidnapped birthday girl added to an early morning pancake party in our pajamas is priceless!
On top of all this excitement they even fins time to attend my own kid's birthday parties and help out with the activities.
Food Fights
Because I love so close to the school I will get frequent visitors for lunch. The girls and their friends will come over and enjoy fresh bread, leftovers or what ever else they can find. I may to stretch our budget a bit, but i love it! Occasionally this will end in a good ol' fashioned food fight...
Pen Pals
A blessing that has come from Joe serving his mission in New Zealand is the chance that we have had to connect with the Young Women out there. One of the people Joe baptized is now the Young Woman's President in her own ward and has arranged for us all to be penpals. We will occasionally send letters and pictures and fun goodies from the states.
this was one photo we took to send to them
Graduation
Within this crazy mess came graduation. This usually wouldn't be such a big deal except that I had 5 girls involved this year. It was fun to attend a small town graduation and see how close knit this sweet little community is. Congrats to my lovely girls and I will miss you! (not too much though, they will all be attending BYU-I, which I will be visiting frequently)
Overnight campout
Out here they apparently do almost all of their girl's camp certification before cam[, so to make it more fun we decided to have a little campout of our own.
Knots!
Knotting champions!

my lovely sidekicks!
...And Girls camp will have to have a post all on its own!

It truly has been a whirlwind of love and fun. I hope to have this calling forever! Love you girls!



No comments:

Post a Comment