Thursday, October 17, 2013

Fall Break

This year we decided to opt out of the law family trip to Outer Banks and spend our time off with Joe's parents at the farm. It was the best. It was beautiful, relaxing, fun, exciting, and I didn't want to come home. I looked into train tickets just to see if I cold stay longer. It was too expensive, so I had to leave when Joe had to be back at school, but I have already planned a trip with a girlfriend and her kid to go back when the husbands are taking their finals.
We had told AJ all about the farm on our way up there. We told him that Grandma and Grandpa had gotten animals and new tractors. He could hardly hold in his excitement. He would wake up every morning looking for Grandpa to help him with the chores. Who knew someone would enjoy waking up at 6 so much? I think AJ may have spent a total of 10 minutes indoors when he wasn't sleeping or eating. This kid loved every minute of the farm! Grandma and Grandpa were so sweet to stop whatever it was that they were doing to entertain this little guy. We are so lucky to have such loving family!
On the way to the farm I found that these two had fallen asleep holding hands. They love each other so much!
 As soon as we got to the farm AJ got to work helping Grandma and Grandpa get everything done.
He slept so well! Grandpa sure knew how to wear him out. 
 Aj wasn't the only one who had some fun. We all really enjoyed our time there. I used AJ as my excuse to do some of the fun things around the farm as well. I was happy to volunteer to take AJ out on the gator every time he asked. :)
Joe loved having the time to relax with the boys. 
After I had finished all the Halloween costumes for the boys I finally got some help and started on mine. 
All the trees were just breathtaking. 
Front view of the farm
Back view
we are so excited to go back for thanksgiving and see what adventures await!

No comments:

Post a Comment