Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Potty Training!

Well, after many people telling me I was crazy and trying to convince me that it was too early, I decided to take a shot at potty training AJ.
We of course had to use Mickey Mouse as incentive to even wear the underpants.
Yes, he is only 21 months, but he has had an interest in it for a few months now, so I decided to take a few days and just do it. I didn't use any specific method; I just did what felt natural. I took a whole day at home to try to teach him what wearing underwear was for. It was a total mess. I felt like pee was filling my house. I had every possible cleaner out to try to counteract the smell and mess of his accidents. I couldn't understand how a little guy could make such a mess. He was peeing every 15 minutes. Maybe I was giving him too much juice...?
He would drink anything as long as I put it in these bottles. This kid is just as much of a Disney nerd as his mother.
After one day of pulling my hair out and going crazy I wasn't sure if I wanted to try another. When I woke up the next morning AJ was calling out "Potty" from his room. I took him potty and then the rest of the day was a dream. He only had two accidents. The next day, only one.
He loves his special seat
Now, just a short week later he is doing great. Sure we have an accident here or there when he gets distracted by friends or toys, but one every few days I can handle it. I have decided if you can potty train you can do anything as a mother. So, we did it! Lets just hope it sticks...

3 comments:

  1. One downside: that toilet seat is really uncomfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Job MOM!!! Totally agree about being able to do anything! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome!!! Way to go AJ & Mom! Ya nobody tells you about potty training....now you're a pro!

    ReplyDelete