Sunday, February 17, 2013

14 Days of Valentines

Audrey called me at the end of January asking for a little brainstorming help for the 14 days of Valentines for Matt, so since I put in a little work I asked if I could copy her as well. Some of our favors were the same and some are my original ideas, but thank you, Audrey, for giving me this idea this year. I thought I would show you just what we came up with (there are also a few other fun things that happened throughout these two weeks that I am adding in this post as well).
One candlelit dinner
Two little feet

Three special words
Four favors (Joe left his computer at home so I took it to him)
Five minute backrub
Six bottles of soda
Seven captive chapters
Eight games of bang
 -small break- there is a tradition in my family to attend the temple near Valentine's Day to do temple sealings for our ancestors to help bring others closer to their sweethearts. This is known as Sweetheart's Day for us. We were so lucky to have the Mumfords available to babysit for us while we attended the temple. This year was very special for me because my family was doing temple work for our own ancestors, and although I couldn't be there I was able to still feel the spirit so strongly about the work we do for our family. It was so wonderful to be back at the temple again. I love the calmness it brings to my mind.
Nine temple sealings
 -another side note- We have been helping the missionaries teach a couple about the church and Chris decided to get baptized and asked Joe to baptize him. It was just another major spiritual boost to our day.
Ten Valentines goodies
Eleven kisses
Twelve Valentines cookies
Thirteen games of MarioKart
Fourteen reasons I love you. (I hid them all over the house and just let him find them throughout the evening)
It was super fun and a nice, fresh take on Valentines day. Each day I gave him a little paper heart with his gift written on it. I would then tape them to a stick and made my very own bouquet of flowers.

 On Valentines we didn't have much planned except spending the evening at home so I went over to a friend's that afternoon to decorate cookies.
 Then we had a very fancy dinner...5 Guys! We were just trying to bring back the memory of our wedding night when we stopped into crown burger. :)
 There were a lot of people who wanted to get out for the holiday so we offered our babysitting services to a friend. It was almost like AJ had his very own Valentines date. They ate snacks, watched a movie, shared a blanket and stole kisses from each other. It was too cute for words (except those ;-).

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you guys have been busy to say the least! I can't beleive how big Aj is already. Congrats on the new little guy. Can't wait to see him!

    ReplyDelete