Saturday, October 28, 2017

Stepping Back

The Idaho Falls Opera Company was putting on a show called "Stepping Back". It was a mock up Radio Show from the 1930's. Word got around and I decided to audition. Although it wasn't a huge production is was super fun. I have always loved getting dressed up and performing. This was right up my ally.
I spend many days, trial after trial, trying to figure out how to do my new short hair to fit the era. I finally ended up with this.
With multiple performances I spent a good amount of time in the bathroom, which means Ariana did too. She loved playing with my makeup brushes and making kissy faces in the mirror.
At the last minute I convinced Joe to join the show and perform in the group with me. He was a good sport, but I am not sure how much fun he actually had.
I had lots of people come to support me and I am so grateful they did. We had multiple members from the band come and listen to support Linda and myself.
Our babysitter came, even though she had just had her wisdom teeth pulled out, and Audrey and Matt drove up for a very quick weekend just to listen to me perform! What sweethearts they are. I love spending all that one on one time with them (even if the boys play super smash bros all night long) and I just love getting to know my sweet little baby jane!
It was a great show and super fun performance. i am not going to lie...I felt awesome belting out my heart and feeling so darn cute in my swanky new dress and hair do. Sometimes all a girl needs is a little family mixed with a night to play dress up to brighten her spirits.

No comments:

Post a Comment