Friday, March 17, 2017

St Patty's

Every year when this holiday rolls around I always reminisce about my Great Grandma Collier. She is our immigrant blood to America. She was spunky and independent and didn't let anyone push her around! (i also got my belching skills from her, I hear!)
This year AJ learned all about the legend of the leprechaun at school and he came home all stoked up to build a Leprechaun trap. I went along with it and we spent a good hour building it up.  Aj designed it all!
The next morning we found that we may have caught one, but he escaped! Found his way into our fridge, died the milk green and left some gold behind because it was "too heavy to carry." That was Andy's thoughts anyway. haha.
We always dress up and celebrate our heritage. We had a full irish dinner with friends, who had never had corned beef or soda bread. It was fun to introduce them to our tradition.
 Thank you Great Grandma Collier for coming to this country so that we can all live the American dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment