Saturday, September 20, 2014

Kylie: An answer To Prayers

This is Kylie:
Kylie is a true answer to prayers.I was having a bit of a hard time getting used to not having tons and tons of friends around like we did in Charlottesville. I was running out of things to explore and couldn't seem to keep the boys busy long enough. I needed a friend. BADLY! I decided to fast and pray about who I could find to really be a good match for me and the boys. I was determined to find us a friend.
That Sunday in Relief Society a very tall, young mom sat behind me. I loved all the comments she was making on family and priorities. Who was this girl and why hadn't I seen her before. After class I introduced myself and found out she was an investigator looking into our church. She had a young 16 month old son and was currently going through a divorce and could really use some positive friends...say what? We were both needy and desperate for friendship? That evening we got together and things just took right off!
Kylie had just set her baptism date when we met her and she was so excited about the gospel. it really reminded me how simple, yet important the gospel is. She didn't know much about Family Home Evening, so I invited her to join us the next day. Now she comes every week on Monday evening to enjoy a lesson activity and treat.
Her son, Tucker, couldn't be a better fit for my two boys. they spend so much time here that I often find myself thinking I have three boys, and I love it!
On one of our hikes
Doing baptisms at the temple
We have become best friends. Helping each other through so many things. I know for a fact that she was an answer to my prayers, and I was an answer to hers. I recall a quote given in conference a while back that says something like "When God answers our prayers, it is frequently through someone else." I love Kylie and am so proud of her for making such an amazing choice to be baptized. I got to sing for her service and she asked Joe to confirm her. She is now a part of our family and we love her! I can't wait to see where this friendship goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment