Wednesday, January 22, 2014

8 Months

He just keeps getting bigger and bigger. I can't keep up with the kid. He is now starting to grow out of his 9-12 months clothes and he hasn't even made it to 9 months yet. He is still just as happy as can be! He had a few more firsts this month. One being his first tooth. One long night of crying and fussing and in the morning I found a few hard little bumps poking out of his gums. I love it when they get those first few teeth. (of course I don't enjoy the sleepless nights) but I do enjoy the cute little smiles they give.

For the longest time this kid would just be happy to sit anywhere exactly how you left him. I thought he might never roll over. he was just so content on his tummy.

He even began scooting around backwards before he rolled over! I would find him stuck under pieces of furniture without a way out.
But finally as Christmas gift he finally rolled over for the first time!
He really enjoyed his first Christmas as much as he could (except he slept through the entire gift opening portion). He loved all the paper, ribbons and boxes. Every time I have I need to remember to not buy them anything they don't need. They are happy to enjoy everything but the actual gift.
He had his first flight. He was almost perfect the entire time. It really helped that some nice people moved around so our family could all sit together.
He enjoyed his time with his cousins in Utah and loved all the extra attention from Gammie and Potts.
All 5 babies born in a year
wouldn't he make a lovely little girl :)
He started finger feeding on solid foods. He loves it! he gets a little upset when I break things up for him. He just wants the entire thing to gnaw on, but with that little tooth I fear he will bite off more than he can chew, literally.
He got to also meet his Great Grandpa for the first time. It was a sweet couple of moments as he sat on the bed and just babbled to him.
He has continued to find his voice. We hear him all day long. Singing, grunting, screaming, spitting and so on.
He also had his first high fever, but surprisingly he was a sweet little gem the whole time. I got a few extra cuddles throughout the day, but he was so good. This video was taken at 2 AM with a fever of 103.7. We were waiting for his Tylonal to kick in.
And there you have it! our wonderful and delightful 8 month old! I just can't believe how fast time has flown by. I love watching  AJ teach him things and seeing him try his best to copy. They are just too sweet together. I hope it lasts!

No comments:

Post a Comment