Saturday, November 9, 2013

More lovely fall!

The weather has been perfect these last few weeks I have hardly been able to keep my boys indoors. We venture out every day to some park, go for a walk, or just play in our own yard. We love how long Autumn lasts here in Virginia.
We really enjoy our playgroups. The boys have really started loving playing together.
If you can't tell the activity of choice is the swings. Aj loves to be in the swing with Andy or pushing him. He is such a great big brother.
On day after a lovely playgroup at the park we had a small accident. The car got into a fight with the curb as I rounded a narrow corner and it took out both of my right tires. As soon as they popped Aj asked "Mommy, did you hear that monster?" It sure seemed to be a monster after seeing what it did to my tire. A resident of the area came out and told us that we were the third car that had happened to in 2 weeks.


We filed a claim with the city for not filing the curb down. I thought for sure because of the previous incidents we would be approved, but no. We ended up forking out far too much money for tires and other services to get the car running correctly again. I hate spending money on silly things.
Well, besides that little mishap we are still enjoying the weather. We have a large oak tree in our front yard that likes to cover everything with lovely fallen leaves. We couldn't see our yard at all. Then one evening after we had been gone for 45 minutes we came back to find a nice pile of raked leaves. I still don't know who did it, but thank you. Aj loved playing in the pile.
 Eventually we decided to rake the leaves that had fallen since and put it all in bags. It was a long morning activity, but we enjoyed doing it as a family.
Aj even got to play with the neighbor girl
Andy just hung out and watched us
 I love autumn out here. I will miss it next year when we are...wherever we end up. Now we just have to wait for the rest of the leaves to fall....
This was taken the same day we raked, There are still plenty to come down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment