Saturday, March 23, 2013

Weddings Bring us Together

Being across the country from my family has had it's challenges  I very rarely get to see any of them, and facetime is the most contact AJ gets with any of them. Luckliy someone was getting married and that meant traveling! No I didn't get to travel this time but my brother's (Dave) wife's (Katie) brother (Tyler) was getting sealed in the DC temple which meant David and Katie got to come see me. They had a little free time so I met up with them for the weekend. Joe had stuff to do with school so he stayed behind. I met up with David for lunch at Good Stuff Eater (one of my personal favorites) and then took a small walk down town to look at the botanical gardens and see the capital. We got to go right up to the steps.
AJ had lots of fun with his Uncle Dave.
 Next we all went to a BBQ grill for the rehearsal dinner. I wasn't suppose to go because I wasn't close family, but Tyler was kind enough to let me crash there so I could spend more time with David and Katie. Katie's brother has 5 kids of his own and they helped keep AJ occupied.
We got to spend the night with the Mumfords again. They are so sweet to always let us stay at their house any time we are in town. AJ loves them so much he even refers to them as Grandpa John and Grandma Sandi...They spoil him enough to deserve those titles too!
The next morning we drove into town to pick up Joe from the train station. He wanted to join us for the rest of the weekend.
 We killed a little time at the mall and let AJ play around at the play ground.
The ring ceremony and reception were beautiful. Lots of fun and a lot of good food. AJ really enjoyed the cupcakes.
 My favorite part of the weekend was just chilling in the hotel room with David and Katie. We had them all to ourselves. We chatted, laughed and showed them all AJ's little tricks. We can't wait to see them again in a few short months when we are on the other side of the country again!

No comments:

Post a Comment